*HUGS* TOTAL! give EmpyrealFaerie more *HUGS*
Get hugs of your own

Friday, April 01, 2005

College

Okay, so as of now it stands thus:
Wellesley: accepted
Bryn Mawr: accepted
Mount Holyoke: accepted, $10,000/year offered scholarship
Yale: rejected
Connecicut College: accepted
Amherst: pending

Why a women's college? Well, statistically, women do better professionally who went to the women's colleges. You know you won't deal with professors that make it impossible to learn, and they are created to help women deal with a sexist world. I also feel really comfortable at all the women's colleges. And they are among the best colleges in the country (the three I was accepted to). According to the US News ranking, Wellesley is - out of every liberal arts college in the country - #4, Bryn Mawr #25 and Mt. Holyoke #27. They're great schools, strongest in Pol. Sci., and all those fields I'm interested in. And I went to a Bryn Mawr online chat Wednesday night and loved it. The girls were awesome: I exchanged e-mails with a bunch of them.

I'm probably going to do overnights the last two weeks of April before I decide. Well, that's about it...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home