*HUGS* TOTAL! give EmpyrealFaerie more *HUGS*
Get hugs of your own

Saturday, April 02, 2005

Pope John Paul II

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us


R.I.P. Karol Josef Wojtyla

May 18, 1920-April 2, 2005

Pope October 16, 1978-April 2, 2005

I'm not really a Christian, but I think that, whatever exists after life, I think this Pope certainly deserves something good. They said that he was a highly "conservative" Catholic in his views, but he seemed to be respectful of those that did not share his beliefs. I mean, if you just look at the coverage they showed: he meant so much to so many - they showed Jews praying for him in Israel, the Jews, with whom the Catholics always had strife. There was such headway made between the religions because this Pope took the time to visit people. He loved people, no matter their religion or beliefs. As I said, I don't know if there is a Heaven - I don't even pretend to know - but, regardless of what religion is "right," Pope John Paul II certainly deserves Heaven.

He also had some great quotes (I was looking them up):

Stupidity is a gift of God, but one mustn't misuse it.

I have a sweet tooth for song and music. This is my Polish sin.

Science can purify religion from error and superstition. Religion can purify science from idolatry and false absolutes.

The worst prison would be a closed heart.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home