*HUGS* TOTAL! give EmpyrealFaerie more *HUGS*
Get hugs of your own

Tuesday, May 24, 2005

Hey, sorry I haven't written in a while. I've been doing other things.

So I bought my graduation dress on Saturday from Anthropologie. It's really adorable. I'll have to get pictures of me in it up. And I also bought new shoes from Steve Madden. They're great shoes and amazingly comfortable (deceivingly so: they don't look like they should be). I'll definitely get pictures of them up at some point.

While I was at the mall, I also bought my makeup for prom. We went to the Clinique counter and she made me up to show my mom how to do it all. It's all really pretty. I had to take the makeup off before Rosencrantz and Guildenstern Are Dead though. That went really, really well. My favorite scene is still Laura (Rosencrantz) trying to lick her toe to see which way the wind is blowing.
"Lick my toe!"
"What? No!"
"Okay, then I'll lick yours!"
"What's wrong with you?! What if someone comes in?!"

I still remember my end lines, though, as Horatio:
Not from his mouth
had it the ability of life to thank you:
He never gave commandment for their deaths.
But since, so jump upon this bloody question,
you from the Polack wars and you from England
are here arrives; give order that these bodies
high on a stage be placed to the view.
And let me tell the yet unknowing world
how these things came about; so shall you hear
of carnal, bloody and unnatural acts,
of accidental judgments, casual slaughters,
of death put on by cunning and forced cause,
and, in the upshot, mistook purposes
fallen on the inventors' heads: all this
can I truly deliver.

Pretty good: I even remembered the exact punctuation. And the Shakespeare teacher was impressed...and wishing I had taken his course. I didn't have time though with both chorus and Girls' Chamber as my minors - I wanted to do only 5 and 2 my senior year.

I'm going to go see how I'm going to get my hair done for prom this afternoon after school. Then I get to study for my last math test. It's on some of the questions that were on the AP with numbers altered. It shouldn't be too bad.

And yes, I'll obviously "Friend" you when I get my Wellesley e-mail and can join the Facebook, Shelley! And you better believe I'm coming to PA to visit at some point. I mean I have all of January off: what else am I going to do?

Yes, I'm feeling a void in my life: the season finale of Deadwood was on Sunday. I'm probably going to watch it a third time tonight. I still gasp quite audibly when I see Wolcott's body swing down in the background there. I kind of want Garret Dillahunt to come back as a third character next season - he's a really gifted actor and it's a shame to see him leave.

He came onto the Deadwood forum last night. He's a cool guy. I'll have to follow his career - watch what else he'll be doing.

Well, I have to go to class now. I'll come back later probably.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hahahahaha! That's awesome Rachel! Thanks for the message in your post! I'm really bad at writing in my own blog, as I'm sure you've noticed, I'll update soon...probably tomorrow or on Friday. I'm also bad at keeping up with everyone else's blogs. I'll try to be better over the summer, I'm glad to read that things are going well for you.

11:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home