*HUGS* TOTAL! give EmpyrealFaerie more *HUGS*
Get hugs of your own

Wednesday, June 23, 2004

Strolling back in through the white picket fence...

I'm back from Spain. It was, in one word, awesome. Madrid is a great city. The fact that I got to practice my Spanish was a bonus.

I also just got back from the college trip that I did right after I got home. Trust me: jet lag and college do not go well together. I went to the Connecticut schools I was checkint out: Yale, Wesleyan, and Connecticut College. I loved Yale and Connecticut College, but wasn't so hot on Wesleyan. At the moment, then, I'm up to three colleges on my "damn it, I want to go!" list: Connecticut College, Yale, and Bryn Mawr. In my school, when you compose the list of colleges, they have how likely you are to get into each. Very Likely means that it's really a safety school of sorts, Likely is just one step above that, Maybe means that there's a 50-50% shot, and Unlikely means it's a reach. They also do "Maybe-Unlikely" and the like for things that are on the border. Bryn Mawr is a very likely on my list, Connecticut College is a likely, and Yale is an unlikely for everyone in the world...except maybe a Bush. The other school's I've looked at but didn't like are as follows: Cornell was a maybe, Haverford was a maybe, Swarthmore was an unlikely (sexist pigs), and Wesleyan was a maybe.

Although people really shouldn't tell me how likely these things are, because I tend to walk into unlikely's with a grudge, thinking, "hell: you don't want me, I don't want you." My latest 800 on the Math IIC SAT II will help...now I have 2 800s to send in: Writing and Math, the two most important. 680 on the Bio isn't too bad either. It's my next highest. I managed to kill the SATIs though, with an 800 on Verbal and a 760 on Math. "Kill" is actually the word that my SAT tutors used too.

Oh, when I was in Spain - well I drank Sangria, but don't tell the teachers...my dad knows and doesn't care, but don't tell the teachers - but also there was this huge poster for Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban, which came out Thursday when I was there. There was like this ten-story high head of Harry Potter taking up a whole side of the building. Hermione and Ron's heads took up the other side. Funniest thing ever. Maybe I can figure out a way to post the picture I took of it when they come back. The day it opened I also saw a bunch of girls between the ages of 16 and like 20 in Hogwarts clothing with wands. I really want Hogwarts robes. It was amusing too, because these were definitely Goth Spanish girls in Hogwarts outfits: with the piercings and colorful hair and everything.

Well, that's about what I have to say. Next week I'm visiting more colleges...and the week after that. Oi vey.

Oh here: I bought you a sword from Toledo. Namaste.

1 Comments:

Blogger Akichan said...

It's so gorgeous: you have to go!

4:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home