*HUGS* TOTAL! give EmpyrealFaerie more *HUGS*
Get hugs of your own

Sunday, July 18, 2004

Dancing in the Rain

Wow, it looks like they really updated the site since I was last on: I can put images and quotes in and stuff. Where was this when I wanted to upload a picture to this site in order to put it on another webpage? Oh well, such is life.
 
I got new glasses. I got my last pair when I got my glasses when I was like ten, and haven't changed the prescription in them since I was like twelve or thirteen. In other words, finally, I have cute glasses that I can see through! Actually, I really like them.  Here's an image:

The frames are actually a sort of blue color. It was between a pair with purple frames and a pair with blue frames. My mom said, "I love the purple; purple's my color," but when she said that, I realized that blue was really my color so I went with the blue. 

I just came back from my friend's pool party. She threw the party for another friend of mine named Andrea that was in the country for just a little while. Andrea moved to Uruguay in Junior High school and I haven't seen her since then. I don't know whether she was looking at colleges here or just visiting, but it was nice to see her again. Actually, we got along better today than I believe we ever did when she lived here. We were discussing what happened to other people, Carson moving to Italy and the like, while she wasn't here. She was talking about how she comes back, hears that our old school principal died, and how they're demolishing the old Elementary School. It was like destroying her childhood. However, the new school buildings are going to be great. She won't really be there to see them though. Come to think of it, I won't really get to appreciate them really either, as this will be my last year at the school. They say that it will be done by January, but the originally said by the end of last year, by the beginning of this year, and now January. So, basically I'll believe that they will finish it when I see it.
 
I've done three of my six college interviews. I just have Barnard, Connecticut College, and Yale left. Amherst doesn't do interviews for whatever reason, so I don't have to think about that. You know, with only 1600 undergraduates one would think that they would do interviews and the like. Three or four of the six or seven schools (depending on my impression of Barnard) that I'm applying to are all female. That's kind of odd, if you think about it. It doesn't really matter to me, though.
 
My friend Moira was in Texas in the El Paso region for four weeks. She came back with a really dark tan and a lot of scratches. Apparently all the plants where she was have thorns and attack humans. She has a huge scratch on her back.
 
The pool party itself was good, though. Only Moira, Laura, Chris D., GregL., and I actually went into the pool, but that's okay. And by "go into the pool," that means that Laura sort of stood on the edge and occasionally cuddled with Chris while Moira, Chris, Greg, and I tried to dunk each other. When Moira got out and Chris and Greg started making "Water Techno" (you don't want to know), I decided to climb out too. Sascha, a girl that used to go to my school, was also there. I hadn't actually spoken to her since she left school. She visited, but I never really had a chance to talk to her.
 
I mention "dancing in the rain" because it was raining here a lot today. It waited until I finished horseback riding, but it rained during the party. People kept saying, "I don't want to go in! It's raining!" Moira and I kept responding, "What's rain made out of? And what fills a swimming pool? It's water either way." After we went inside it started raining harder, so Michelle, Laura, Chris M., and I went out in the rain. Basically I've been soaking wet since 12:30 this afternoon, when I took a shower after horseback riding. I didn't dry off before I jumped into the pool. Then I wandered out into the pouring rain just as I was about to dry off after that. Then I went home and took a shower to wash the chlorine out of my hair (that stuff is lethal to hair texture). I like water though, so it's okay.
 
I was discussing the swimming tests at some of the schools I'm applying to with Moira. It came up because she was talking about how she can't float. I mentioned that a lot of the schools make you float for two minutes, along with demonstrate two strokes and treading water for a minute. I can do all of that, obviously, but I might start getting a little lower in the water by the end of the two minute float. My parents once asked me why they have the swim test. I answered, "Um...in case you're on an important business meeting and you happen to fall off the yacht? I don't know." I guess swimming is a pretty basic skill to have. I was speaking to a girl from China on one of the Forums I go to, and she was saying that she can't really swim. I was thinking about it and that's rather odd. I sort of take swimming for granted because, at least on the East Coast, it's one of "those" things that every small child learns for the most part.
 
I don't really have much else to talk about. There are towels inside when you get tired of the rain. Namaste.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home