*HUGS* TOTAL! give EmpyrealFaerie more *HUGS*
Get hugs of your own

Saturday, January 29, 2005

Period of Mourning...

...okay, now that I'm done mourning Andy Roddick's loss to Lleyton Hewitt (the little backwards-hat-wearing punk), I'll post! And you know, that was definitely not the best thing to see before going to school on Thursday morning. Set off my whole day. Roddick just lost it: he won the first set 6-4 or 6-3 or something, but then lost 6-7, 6-7, 1-6. It's so depressing when he loses: he's such a passionate player and you get so into it behind him, saying, "C'mon Andy! It's 5-1! You can still come back! You did it before, you can do it again!" And he's all pumped up (and pretty mad), so you just get so happy and then...bam! He loses. And even though you saw it coming, you stare at the screen for a second like, "Hold on...what happened?" Then it sinks in and, if you're a huge fan like I am, you cry. And yes, I did cry. I always cry when Andy loses. Well, he always cries when he loses too. We Andy fans are just as temperamental as he is. But, unlike some fans, we never give up. We always have hopes of him beating Federer and no longer being #2 in the tournament seeding.

Now I just hope Marat Safin can beat Lleyton Hewitt. I don't like Hewitt...and now he's not going out with Kim Clijsters, so there's nothing redeeming about him. I like Clijsters. I watched her practice at the US Open even though she was injured and wasn't in it. What I want to know is how did Safin beat Federer? The man looked unstoppable...a lot thinner, yes, but unstoppable nonetheless.

The match last night, Davenport-S. Williams (yes, I stayed home from both a friend's party and the school Coffee House to watch tennis...I see my friends all the time, I hardly ever see my tennis players), was just painful. Both girls basically backed into the finals, then Lindsay kills Serena in the first set, then Serena gets her back cracked and adjusted by the chiropracter, comes back out there, and beats Lindsay's ass into the ground. The third set was 6-1 for goodness sakes! I went to bed before it was over because it was 11 pm and I was just tired, and Serena had bounced back so strongly. I swear that girl's a miracle. And I love Lindsay...it looks like she lost a lot of weight.

My dad and I were talking: there's a golf channel, a fishing channel, why isn't there a tennis channel? I would guess it's a more popular (and, needless to say, certainly more interesting) sport. I would pay money to watch all tennis all the time...switch off between that and YES, the Yankee baseball network, and I'd be a happy girl.

So, what's the current rumor on the street? That Evangeline Lilly is going out with Dominic Monaghan. I love him yes, but I still don't see how he got a hottie like Evie. She's gorgeous, she speaks like 10 languages, she's brilliant, she's from a fairly wealthy family...I mean yes, they were stuck together on a Hawaiian island to film Lost, but why Dom? I, personally, would go for Ian Somerholder over Dominic if I had the chance (he plays Boone). Ah, well, who's to tell, maybe Dom's a cool guy in real life. He's funny as hell, we know that already (although Hal Sparks makes him look like a boring tool).

Well, that's all that's new for now. Namaste.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home