*HUGS* TOTAL! give EmpyrealFaerie more *HUGS*
Get hugs of your own

Wednesday, February 23, 2005

Deadwood...

Hey, Carley, if you want to read the transcripts for Season One of Deadwood, I printed them out. Just ask me about them. It's a great show. Actually, my Art History Masterpiece of the Week is supposedly an article by AW Merrick, the author of The Pioneer, the local newspaper of the Black Hills. Mr. Leistler says that he's thinking of buying Season One on DVD, since he hasn't seen it yet. Brilliant show...the writing is definitely the Shakespeare of today with the awesome cadence and tone. It sounds, like I've said before, just like Mamet. Actually, I was watching a Mamet movie the other night - with Ricky Jay, coincidentally - and I noticed the similarities of writing. Ricky Jay is in most of Mamet's stuff, and is also in Season One of Deadwood. Apparently he doesn't come back for Season Two, though. Ricky Jay also plays Eddie Sawyer, the dealer in the Bella Union Saloon in Deadwood.

And yes, I'm a big enough dork that I did that during my snow-in on Monday: I printed out the Season One Transcript. The girl that copied it is very amusing actually: she added her own comments here and there. She seems to like Sol and Dan like I do. Actually, Al's my favorite character. If you start watching it right now, you'd hate him (hate him, hate him, hate him) for the first few episodes, but you'll grow to absolutely love him. He's such a complex character and he has such strong morals. They're so different from our morals, but they're very powerful self-codes nonetheless. He does what he feels he needs to do, and typically he only kills people who really deserve it.

Oh, Isabel, when I get around to actually being at home to post (I have rehearsal today and tomorrow), I'm actually going to insert a picture in my profile. I took some pictures the other day and (after a long search) found the cord to hook the camera to my computer. Now I just need to upload them, probably at http://www.imageshack.us (great site) and post the image into my signature. I'm pretty sure I can do that without the technology it takes to post the images in your blog (you need to get "Hello Bot" to do that here...it's free if you have a blog, but I've been too lazy to download it). Anyway, Carley can tell you whether it's a good picture or not. I photograph horribly, I think, which is why I hardly ever let people take pictures of me. The ones I took the other day are half-way decent, I think.

So, big a dork as I am, I officially joined the HBO site. That way, if there are any chats with Deadwood actors (I hope John Hawkes...I'm in love with that man...or Ian McShane, he plays Al Swearengen) or any other actors I like from the TV shows, I can go on and chat.

You know, I totally can't remember whether I locked my car when I got to school today. I got to drive again, so I had my mom's car...but technically I'm not allowed to go down there until the end of the day. I'll check then, I guess. I doubt anything would happen to it. I'm pretty sure I remember locking it, and if someone really wanted to get in anyway, they would. But I don't have anything valuable in the car...shit: except for all my riding stuff, including my saddle. Oh well, I'll check. I don't think anything'll be gone. I was kind of sleepy when I arrived this morning, even though I got an extra hour because I didn't have a class first, so I could do Senior Sleep. But I had to grab a spot in the Senior Overflow Lot, and was in a hurry to get up the stairs...my least favorite part of driving. You know, I don't mind going up during the afternoon or evening, but seeing those stairs - I swear there are like fifty - in the morning is just painful. It's like "Okay, up one flight...and damn it: there's another!" Anyway, I have to go: class ends in five minutes and I have no clue what I have next...I think probably art. Namaste.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home