*HUGS* TOTAL! give EmpyrealFaerie more *HUGS*
Get hugs of your own

Sunday, March 27, 2005

Girls in tight dresses Who drag in mustaches/Chicks driving fast Ingenues with long lashes/Women who long, love, lust Women who give/This is the way, it's the way that we live/Talking, laughing, loving, breathing, Fighting, fucking, crying, drinking, Writing, winning, losing, cheating, Kissing, thinking, dreaming./This is the way, it's the way that we live/It's the way that we live...and love...

You know, the new theme song for The L Word really grows on you. I was watching the latest episode that I missed due to being in Florida for the week (no yelling at me Isabel: I honestly didn't have a computer down there). I still love Shane: Kate Moennig is a great actress and the character's great. But the big news is that...yes...Alice and Dana finally hooked up. I can't honestly believe that Dana's going to marry Tanya: Tanya's such a conniving little bitch and Alice and Dana love each other.

I couldn't believe that Bette didn't realize Tina was pregnant. She was so engrossed in her own self pity that they broke up...and I love how it took an entire conversation for her to say, "Jenny...did you cut your hair?" Jenny's a lot better in this season - she's still confused and as her ex girlfriend says, "you just fuck people to make them care about you...but you can't care for them." Obviously not 100% accurate in the quote, but I haven't seen that episode more than once. I liked that woman, actually, but Jenny isn't ready for a relationship. Then why the hell's she going after Carmen?

So, bigger news - I got into college! Yay! Wellesley and Bryn Mawr accepted me, and Mount Holyoke mailed the answer two days ago, so it might come today. I just flipped out yesterday - Carley, you were the first I called, then I started going down the list in my phone:

  • Alyssa - already into Penn, but in London and Paris for the week (was going to Fort Myers, but changed her plans...I was going to meet up with her, but...oh well), so I didn't call her
  • Considered calling the taxi companies, but decided against it: they wouldn't really care, I don't think. ;-)
  • Chris (the one you called randomly, Carley) - don't really know if he got in anywhere yet and I only wanted to let people who knew more about their college future know (didn't want to freak out people who hadn't heard anything yet); anyway, we're not as close as we used to be
  • Danny - probably will be my fallback prom date again this year since...well, you've seen the guys at our school, Carley. No offense to the ones you have...erm...affection...for, but a.) way too young for me and b.) not really my type anyway; but I'm just kind of friends with Danny, who knows if he's in town, and who knows if he's into college yet
  • Sunny (Hyun-Jee) - yeah...we don't get along that well...don't even remember why I have her number in my phone; I love her, but we just don't mesh well, plus she hasn't heard from anywhere yet I don't think...except I do think she applied to Wellesley, and it would suck if I got in and she didn't
  • Jake - called him and left a message; he got back to me in like 10 minutes...the boy is often parted from his phone with it on, very interesting...would've called Gareth, but I don't have his number...anyway, Jake was happy for me
  • Jenna (you called her too when you grabbed my phone, Carley) - she's at Oberlin at the moment, and we aren't really that close anymore...well, no, we're still close, we just don't talk a lot and anyway, not sure if she'd really care all that much
  • Erin - don't have her cell number, and she's in Arizona over break; anyway, she didn't get any answers back yet
  • Laura - best conversation by far: Me: "Laura? It's Rachel." Laura: "Oh, hey!" Me: "Okay, so I just got back from Florida, and I saw these two envelopes from Wellesley and Bryn Mawr and I figured they were newsletters, but I opened them and I got in: they said 'Congratulations on being accepted to the class of 2009'!" Laura: "Whoah! Were those your first replies?" Me: "Yeah." Laura: "Oh my God! Why aren't you playing loud music and jumping around?! Oh, I wish I were there so I could hug you!" Me: "I know!" Laura: "So, are you just calling everyone on your list?" Me: "I only got to Jake and Carley so far: going alphabetically, but basically, yeah." Laura: "Well, keep going down the list!"...I decided Laura was safe to call: I *heart* her and she's already into Harvard; anyway we were talking about the upside of me going to Wellesley would be that I'd be about 10 minutes away from her
  • Margaret (the junior, don't know if you know her, Carley) - her phone wasn't on, and I didn't really feel like leaving a message
  • Moira - in Costa Rica without her phone probably and not into college yet; though it's a bummer that I can't tell the person that I've been best friends with since I was 7
  • Natalie - eh, she wouldn't care if I told her and she weren't in college, but I didn't want to risk calling her if she were drunk or stoned or with a guy or something: wasn't important enough to bother her
  • Nick - fun being towards the bottom of my phone list alphabetically, isn't it? Anyway, Nick, this is Carley and Isabel...and whatever silent people read this (LadyFuscia and perhaps the girl that asked about the transcript...still weird seeing that this thing actually does turn up on Google for certain searches). I met Isabel through online stuff...the last time she posted in her Blogger.com blog was...hold up: yup Feb. 6, but I've been wandering over to her Xanga recently...yes, I'm stalking you, Isabel, dear ;-) I know Carley from school. Anyway, I think I left a rather hyper 2-minute message on Nick's phone (sorry about that: I'm really a pretty calm person)

Yeah, but then I ran out of people to call, so I just checked my e-mail and finished unpacking. And I'm a little more coherent today, so I took today to tell you about the acceptance, Isabel. And funny coincidence that about 10 minutes before I signed off last Friday before I turned off my computer before vacation you were on at the same time I was. That never happens. At the moment zero of my contacts are on...usually Ped's at least on, Isabel, right? And Phil, eh, who knows if he'll ever be on. And Aldarion usually doesn't sign in. What's with him being a mod at the Downs now? I mean I love it - we're pretty close on there...I gave him a link to some Kate Moennig pics, then he proceeded to "push" his wife down the stairs and run out to stalk her and Virginie What's-her-face from The Beach.

So, now...don't know what I'm going to do. Probably go up and watch Carnivale from last week, since the season finale's tonight (I believe).

Oh! Oh, oh, oh...I still need to get my film developed, but I did take a few nice pictures from one night I was walking on the beach in Florida...the night of the full moon on like Wednesday or Thursday or something. And I'm going to steal a few pictures from my mom too. But then I'll put them up on here, since I now know how to do that. Okay, well, namaste.

1 Comments:

Blogger Akichan said...

Okay, I was going to edit and say something else, but I completely forget what. I'm gifted like that: I have the ability to not only forget what I was going to say regarding a situation, but also forget what the entire conversation was about...as I'm talking. And household implements enjoy hurting me lately. Okay, I'll try to remember what I was going to say.

10:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home